Ever had someone give you bad news? How about good news? What's the difference or is there a difference?
Good news - stuff or information that makes us happy, content, reassured, secure and validated.
Bad news - the opposite.
So, it would appear that there is a difference between good and bad news - read on.
Have you ever gotten bad news but in the end things turned out well or better than you anticipated? Have you ever received good news and over time what you thought was good news ended up being not so good?
From personal experience I can tell you that I have experienced all four -
Good news that was good.
Bad news that was bad.
Good news that I thought was good but ended up being bad.
Bad news that I thought was bad and ended up being good.
Confused yet? Well I know that over time I was often confused about the difference between these two apparent opposite messages. https://www.cerdastekno.com But then I learned that sometimes bad news for one person can be perceived as good news for someone else and that good news to one person over time can be perceived as bad. siriuscasino.com
Confused? Let me explain.
In the end it's just news and what makes it bad or good or even neutral is not the news itself but how we perceive it, judge it, evaluate it or react because of it.
How can someone perceive bad news as good you might ask? Or the opposite, how could someone perceive good news as bad?
In brief - each of us has a unique history, experiences, beliefs and values and as a result none of us ever see the same thing or circumstance in the same way.
Someone who is a worrier, negative, pessimistic or impatient might see a delay as bad when another person who understands the concept of there are things we can control and there are things we can't control so why get all upset about something you can't control or if you can control it get busy.
In the end everything that happens - just happens and what we do is interpret it all based on our expectations, goals, needs or mindsets and all of these are unique for each of us.
Let me give you a couple of personal examples. And if you will consider the explanation even though you may not have had exactly the same circumstances, if you will think about it I'll be you can relate.
Prior to staring my speaking and training career I was a national sales manager for an international organization. Long story but the short side is I had an issue with my boss, the president and as a result he fired me. Bad news, right? Well that was all I needed to decide it was time to begin a career that has lasted over 40 years and has allowed me to see the world (25 countries to date) and work with some tremendous clients and audiences. So in the end this bad news was really good news.
Here's another quick one.
Years ago I proposed to my wife and she said yes. Good news right? (No judgments here please). Well over time after doing my best for more than fifteen years I decided that it was time to end it and why? Well, without the gruesome details, the relationship was gradually eroding my self-esteem, confidence and optimistic mindset and I decided that I didn't like who I was becoming in that relationship. We parted, amicably - but we parted. Good news as I was able - over time - to regain all I had lost - emotionally and spiritually.
We all have our stories and we all can create lists of good news and bad news we have received but in the end it's all just news.
During some of my corporate programs I share this simple concept - stop asking your employees for good news or bad news - just ask them for the news and then you decide which it is. Because their definition could be completely different than yours.
And vice versa - as an executive or manager don't broadcast - I have some good or bad news - just tell your employees you've got some news and let each of them interpret it as they see fit based on their personal viewpoints, attitudes, mindsets, experience, expectations and how it might impact them personally.
I want to make it clear here that I'm not talking about denial, surrender, acceptance or apathy - just the willingness to see that there may be another side of the story, one you may be missing because of your history, viewpoints, opinions, judgments etc.
The Benefits of Alternative News Sites
Reading the paper online and watching 24-hour news sites is becoming more and more popular. This is because it is cheaper and you get more news. You can see what is happening in the world, as it happens. You don't have to wait until the next newspaper is released, like in the old days.
Do you remember when the war on Afghanistan began and we were able to watch the first invasion live on the news? That is how up to date things have gotten and we have never been more in touch with the goings on in the world, than we are today.
However, it is become better for people to get the best news on alternative news sites. This is because they are not biased. They are not affiliated with any political party and they can choose their own news and which articles they post. There is no agenda to their articles.
Therefore, it is important to know some of the advantages of reading the news on alternative news sites.
1. As mentioned above, they have the power over what articles they publish. The only purpose they serve is to break the news. They are not feeding us news that has political connotations and they are not biased towards anything. The news you read on their sites is purely for news purposes.
2. They pick their topics. They may have articles on their site that other news stations and websites might deem unworthy of the news. Furthermore, they don't just focus on the bad news. You will be able to read happy things in the news and some of their articles are really educational.
3. They aren't trying to sell you things. Sometimes, when a newspaper is talking about a product or a special offer, they are trying to sell you something. However, with most online news sources, they are trying to educate you. When doing the research for this article, there was a link on an alternative news site on how to get phones for cheap. It was clicked and it was just assumed that there would be a gimmick or it would be asking for money. But, the link actually took you to an article, which showed you how to get cheap phones, but then also warned you on the dangers of auction websites and getting scammed. The article didn't link to any auction website. It was purely educational.
4. Another good thing about alternative news sites is that they don't get bogged down with rehashing things over and over again. If you turn on a news channel or look on one of the well-known news sites, like Sky News, the only thing that they will be talking about is how cold it is in America, There are other things going on in the world right now. There are other things going on in America as well. We all know that the weather is bad and people are suffering but that doesn't mean that we should ignore everything else.
5. Alternative news sites try to comment on everything. They have sections on celebrity news, discovery news and they even have sections on funny videos and advances in technology and business. We don't have to hear or read the same things over and over again. We know that murders happen and the economy is bad and they are things that we should know about, but what about everything else? CES 2014 is happening right now and there has been hardly any news coverage at all. These are things that are going to affect us in the future and we hardly know anything about them.
A Free Way To Increase Your Traffic - Good News For You
Why is 'Google News' good news for us?
'Google News' attracts thousands of visitors in every hour, of every day throughout every year. Now if you could tap into that traffic, even a small fraction of it, do you think you'd have a lot of traffic rushing to your site?
Of course you would. You'd have thousands of visitors. And even better, they'd be targeted traffic from all over the world. The very best sort of traffic for any business!
If you can just get one story about your business in Google News, you could double, if not quadruple your traffic in a matter of days. Although Google News aggregates and indexes news stories only for the past thirty days, its news archive function goes back 200 years. In other words, you are covered every step of the way if you do things right.
So how can you attract Traffic to your Website with Google News?
You need to become a Google News publisher. Don't worry, you don't have to be a 'Times Newspaper' or a 'Wall Street Journal'. You can set up your own news site quite easily. Look for some news items on Google News and you'll find that there are quite a few ordinary websites on there. What you must have, however, is excellent content.
If you build a news website about your niche which has plenty of information (do a Google search to find useful content and then make it your own!) your news website will be indexed by Google News. Once this happens you'll be swamped by targeted visitors, all with their credit cards poised, ready to buy!
You will need to place a prominent link on your news site's home page to channel more traffic to the website where you are promoting your business.
This is the advice Google gives on its website. Quite a difficult little bit of information to find, so make sure you don't lose this!
Information about setting up your own News Website on Google News, Straight from Google!
"Technical Requirements: Article URLs
In order to be included in Google News, your articles URLs should meet the following guidelines:
Be unique. Each of your pages that display an article's full text needs to have a unique URL. We can't include sites in Google News that display multiple articles under one URL, or that do not have links to pages dedicated solely to each article.
Be permanent. For example, we wouldn't be able to crawl the page yoursite.com/news1.html if it displayed a different story every day. In order to ensure that our links to articles function properly, each article on a news site needs to be associated with one unique URL, and that URL must be permanent (i.e., it can't be recycled).
Display a three-digit number. The URL for each article must contain a unique number consisting of at least three digits. For example, we can't crawl an article with this URL: google.com/news/article23.html. We can, however, crawl an article with this URL: google.com/news/article234.html. Keep in mind that if the only number in the article consists of an isolated four-digit number that resembles a year, such as google.com/news/article2006.html, we won't be able to crawl it."
Six things you must be sure to get right
(1) Study these technical specifications in great detail. Make sure you do exactly what they say. Then build your news website.
(2) Don't put banners advertising affiliate products on your page
(3) Don't put PPC adverts on your page
(4) Do put quite prominent adverts for YOUR business with links back to a different landing page for each advert.
These links should be subtly worked into the 'news' that you create. Find your news or other content from Google and then incorporate this into your story which has your link in it.
(5) Make sure that your future customers are well informed and will be only too glad to follow your link because they are eager to buy.
(6) One very important point that I cannot emphasise enough is the fact that every news story, article, industry report or analysis on your new news website needs to be 100% original and copyscape compliant.
When you start out, you'll probably have to do this yourself, but as your business grows and you can afford it, the best thing to do is to outsource this news gathering and article production work to overseas content firms. Again, do a search on Google to find these firms.
Your news content should be organized and structured in strict accordance with the technical specifications Google News has outlined for this purpose. It is most important that your news content be updated at least three or four times a week, daily if possible. Keep tweaking and improving your news website.
After a while it should only take a short amount of time every day and you'll have thousands of visitors to your website, all eager to buy your products!
Of course, if you're a workaholic, once you have one product with its own news website making you money, you can set up another, then another, etc.! You'll soon be doubling your income every month, then every week.